Upskilling for SIA Door Supervisors is a 2 day course incorporating:
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
– Physical interventions and the implications of their use.
– How to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
– Using non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
– Using non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
– Good practices to follow after physical interventions.
Unit 2: Safety Awareness Unit for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
– Counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
– The role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
– Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
– How a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
– Queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
This course is assessed by 1 practical assessment and 1 multiple choice examination.